Essential Characteristics & Competencies of Medical Sciences Faculty to Function in Educational Institutions
Educational & Research Competencies
1. Knowledge of curriculum planning and development
2. Knowledge of practice in teaching techniques and methods.
3. Ability to motivate students and faculty in teaching and research.
4. Use of group technique skills for instruction to encourage student participation.
5. Aptitude for professional development.
6.Hospital or patient-care experience.
7.Disposition for and ability to counsel students in their professional and educational development.
8.Experience in community medicine and public health.
9. Knowledge of research design and methodology.
10. Ability to use computers and statistical analysis.
11. Ability to use and implement research and educational projects in the community to increase the relevancy of the medical school curriculum.
1.Ability to prepare budgets for educational resources.
2.Ability to work as a team member with other professionals.
3.Ability to develop effective procedures for the assessment of students through peer review evaluation.
1.Skill in delegating responsibility and coordinating broad program objectives of department and medical school personnel.
2.Capacity to engender an environment which motivates faculty and staff members in teaching and research.
3.Developing standards for the effective use of physical and financial resources.
4.Integrate the college program into broad national educational missions.
5.Foster cooperative working relationships with local and international professionals.
2.Good inter-personal relations with faculty and students.
3.Intellectual honesty and integrity.
4.Dedication to own filed of work.
5.Ability to identify and empathize with students' educational and professional concerns.
6.Demonstrates ethical behaviour by conforming to accepted professional standards of conduct.
7.committed to one's own continuing professional development (CPD)
8.Community participation and commitment to society.
9.Ability to work as a member of a team.
10.Ability to be a change-agent.
11.Ability to generate and communicate enthusiasm.
12.Possess an emotionally stable cheerful personality.
13.Approach the field of medical education and practice with an interdisciplinary perspective.
14.Self- motivated and creative in the conduct of his/her professional work.
15.Membership and participation in local and international professional associations.
16.Possess a broad intellectual development.
17.Self-disciplined and self-critical