About the department
Pathology department is concerned about teaching pathology as a basic and back bone science in medicine. Pathology is an essential science for many colleges those includes: Medicine, Dental, Pharmacy, MLS, and Nursing programs. Teaching pathology needs theoretical lectures as long as practical work, like looking at slides in the microscope, were by the student should be able to differentiate between the morphology of normal tissue and cells and the diseased ones. The Pathology curriculum have three parts; First part, which is taught in the third year, is general pathology including an introduction on general microbiology and the infectious diseases that are a major source of morbidity and mortality here in The Sudan. Second and third parts, clinical systemic pathology I &II, taught in continuity in forth year, concerning about understanding and correlating the pathophysiology, clinical manifestations, laboratory findings and the proper use of investigations to diagnose common disorders in different organs and systems.
• Dr. Ibtihalat Elnema / department co-ordinator/ assistant professor of pathology/ MD path U of K (full timer)
• Dr. Nahla Babiker / assistant professor of pathology/ MD path U of K (full timer)
• Dr. Hatim Mahmoud/ assistant professor of pathology/ MD path U of K (part timer)
• Dr. Alya Salman/assistant professor of pathology /MD path U of k(part timer)
• Dr. Sara Muhammed Elshiekh / assistant professor of pathology/ MD path U of K (part timer)
• Dr. Omer Abdulmuneim mohammad / Msc of molecular medicine/ U of K, institute of endemic diseases (fulltime ).
• Mudawi mokhtar mohammed/Msc – haematology(full time)
Resources & Links:
Dr. Ibtihalat Elnema
Assistant professor of pathology
MD pathology U of K