Admission and Registration
Conditions of Admission and Registration:
1. The admission committee shall examine the document provided by the applicant for admission and shall make sure that the application meets the requirements and conditions referred to in the regulations.
2. Students shall complete the procedures for registration within two weeks from the date of announcement of their admission in the University. Failure to register within the prescribed period will deprive the applicant from admission unless otherwise decided by the admissions committee.
3. A student, who fails to complete his registration procedures within the advertised period, may apply to the admission committee that may recommend him for registration provided that there are vacancies.
4. A student who has been absent from the University for a period of more than one semester for unacceptable reasons or approved suspension of registration, shall be dismissed from the University.
5. The College may propose any special requirements for admission provided that these proposals do not conflict with the general admission regulations.
Suspension of Registration:
Under special circumstances the Academic Board may approve the suspension of registration of a student for not more than two semesters provided that:
1. An application indicating the reasons is submitted to Academic Board.
2. Payment of the registration fees.
3. If the application was rejected, the admission committee shall inform the student in writing with a copy to the registrar of the University.
Admission to post-preliminary years:
The admission committee may recommend admission of students at the post-preliminary classes in accordance with the following terms:
1. Availability of vacancies.
2. Completion of the application forms set by the admission committee for this purpose. The admission committee shall decide on the tuition fees for each applicant.
3. The admission committee shall accept or reject the application and shall decide on the appropriate class to be joined by the candidate.
Applicants should satisfy the following conditions:
a. The candidate has not been dismissed from any other university for misconduct.
b. The school certificate of the applicant should meet the requirements for Nile University admission.
c. The application should reach the admission office in the University within the prescribed period.
d. The candidate must have passed his final examinations in all subjects for the equivalent class and has been promoted to the higher class.
e. The previous courses attended by the applicant should be of equivalent status to the courses of the same level applied for at Nile University.
f. The applicant must have completed at least one academic year in a specialization corresponding to the specialization applied for.
g. Attachment of the Sudan school certificate or its equivalent and the academic record in the previous university, with the application form.
h. The minimum residence requirement for the transferred students at Nile University shall not be less than 50% of the time prescribed for the award of the degree.
i. The applicant shall be required to undergo a medical examination and shall be subjected to an interview by the selection board.
1. The University shall abide by the admission regulations and policies set out by the general administration for admission at the Ministry of Higher education and research.
2. Conditions for admission include:
a. Nomination by the general administration for admission or eligibility for direct admission by the admission committee of the University subject to final approval by the admission administration at the Ministry of Higher education and research.
b. The admission committee of the University may require the study of more complementary material by the candidate as a condition for final acceptance.
3. Provision of wrong or misleading information will deprive the applicant from joining the University.
4. The physical presence of the applicant is required for the completion of the registration procedures at the place and time scheduled by the University. Under very special circumstances the Registrar, in consultation with the chairman of the admission committee may .allow the extension of the registration period for the nearest possible time.