BACHELOR OF SCIENCE (HONOURS)
DEGREE IN BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
The Bachelor of Science (Honours) degree in Business Administration prepares graduates to be effective participants in a wide range of management/finance careers in economic organizations whether they are for-profit or not. The program is designed to equip its graduates to function effectively in manufacturing, trade, or service organizations, for managerial careers in industry, in public firms, governmental units, and non-for-profit organizations as well as pursuing academic careers in the different areas of business administration. The program stresses a strong conceptual foundation in all functional areas of business administration and equips its graduates with the basic knowledge and skills that would enable them to progress in their careers all the way to the level of a Managing Director (MD).
The program includes basic accounting courses, management information systems and it courses, principles of management, basic micro and macro economics courses, human resources management, financial management, marketing management, and business statistics courses, etc, as well as a practice-oriented research project. The program focuses on the principles, concepts, and standard procedures for capturing, recording, analyzing, and communicating financial and business information about an economic entity for decision making by internal/external decision makers.
The program keeps abreast with all developments in the field of accounting and business administration including the impact of information technology (IT) upon both. Computer applications are integrated throughout the related accounting courses. Professional ethical behavior is emphasized throughout the program to highlight the significance of a credible accounting function in society.
To be a flagship for excellence in Business administration Education and a Valuable Contributor to Professionalism in Management Practice.
To assure the currency and relevance of the Business Administration Program by ascertaining that it has a structure which is academically sound, and has an integrated body of knowledge, with a good balance between breadth and depth, and between theory and practice.
Program General Objectives
- Empowerment of program graduates with up-to-date, comprehensive, well-founded theoretical and practical knowledge and technical/communication skills that will be relevant for a broad range of management careers;
- Provide conceptual foundations that facilitate life-long learning enabling graduates to overcome the challenges they encounter in their sustainable professional careers;
- Instill the intellectual contributions that advance the knowledge and practice of business administration education through discipline-based scholarship, contributions to practice, and learning and pedagogical research;
- Equip graduates with the inter-personal, communication, analytical/reasoning, and problem-solving skills that are essential for success in their chosen careers, as well as in their future ability to make efficient and effective contributions in individual and collaborative settings;
Program Administrative Strategy
The objectives of the business administration program will be achieved through:
- The recruitment and retention of highly qualified faculty members;
- Periodic revision of the curriculum to accommodate recent trends and developments in business administration education and practice;
- Continuous improvement of educational and instructional resources;
- Effective planning for best students recruitment, retention, academic advising, career development, etc., consistent with Nile College Vision &Mission Statements;
- Integration of IT applications throughout the related business and accounting courses;
The business administration program is designed for students who plan to pursue careers as finance, marketing, human resources, and production managers in governmental and not-for-profit entities. A graduate from the business administration program will have the necessary conceptual and practice-oriented tools, and training that would enable him/her to move up in the echelons of the organizational hierarchy to the level of a chief executive officer or managing director.