- Alfadil SM & M.Y. Sukkar ; Creating a supportive & sustainable environment for basic medical education: The experience of Nile College, Khartoum , Sudan ,Int.J. Sudan Research, volume 6, No 2, 2015, pp 123-128.
- Abdelrahman SH, Malik AM, Mahamadani AA, Mohamed ME, Alfadil SM, Elhassan TD, Ahmed HS; Teaching of major communicable diseases in Sudanese medical schools: a critical look –EMHJ, 2012 March, 18(3):265-73.
- Abdelrahman, Samira; Al Fadil, Sumaia; Reaching out and Partnering in the Sudan through Integrated Community-Oriented Teaching; Metropolitan Universities, v22 n2 p143-152 2011.
- Henry Silverman, Babiker Ahamed, Samar Ajilet, Sumaia AL-Fadil , Suahil L AL-Amad, Hadir EL-Desouky, Ibrahim EL-Gendy, Mohamed EL-Guindi, Mustafa EL-Nimeri, Rana Muzaffar and Azza Saleh ;curriculum guide for reaserch ethics workshops for countries in the middlle east; Developing World Bioethics ISSN 1471-8731 (print); 1471-8847 (online)
- H. AbdelRahman, I.M. Albashir, S.A. Hussein, M.E. Ahmed, S.M. Alfadil and N. Mohamed; Basic development needs programmes and the effect of medical students’ interventions to promote child health in Sudan; Eastern Mediterranean Health Journal, Vol. 13, No. 6, 2007
- H. AbdelRahman1 and S.M. Alfadil2; Introducing the IMCI Community Component into the curriculum of the Faculty of Medicine, University of Gezira; ; Eastern Mediterranean Health Journal, Vol. 14, No. 3, 2008
- Sumaia Mohammed Al FadilI, 1; Samira Hamid Abd AlrahmanII; Simon CousensIII; Flavia BustreoIV; Ahmed ShadoulV; Suzanne FarhoudVI; Samia Mohamed El Hassan Integrated Management of Childhood Illnesses strategy: compliance with referral and follow-up recommendations in Gezira State, Sudan. World Health Organization Bulletin vol.81 issue no.10 Geneva Oct. 2003.
Co-author in several locally produced training material & manuals for different programmes under PHC including IMCI pre-service education for medical students and allied health and volunteers.
- Professor Zein El Abdeen Karrar, consultant pediatrician , University of Khartoum and President of the Sudanese Medical Council, ( 00249-912133789 – email@example.com )
- Silverman Henry, Professor of Medicine, University of Maryland, US and organizer of Middle East Research Ethics Training Initiative.
International short assignments
I was assigned by the WHO Regional Office to Provide technical assistance to other countries in the Region. The following are the different assignments:
- Participated as course director & facilitator in training national programme managers for CAH on “Managing Programmes to Improve Child Health”, October 2016, Kabul. Afghanistan ( recruited by WHO/EMRO)
- Participated as facilitator in the Regional training on “ Home Care of the Newborn”, October 2016, Islamabad, Pakistan (recruited by WHO/EMRO).
- Participated as co-facilitator in the Regional training on “ managing programmes to improve child health”, November 2015, WHO/EMRO/ Cairo
- Member of a working group to critically review the WHO training package “ Managing child health programme” to match the context of EMRO, Dubai, April, 2011.
- Development of a health cluster strategy for PHC recovery and monitoring of existing projects in response to the flood and IDPs crisis ( Pakistan, Islamabad September –November 2010)
- Assisted the UNRWA in the introduction of Community Based Initiatives (CBI) in Palestine Refugee Camps (Jordon , Amman, May 2009)
- Evaluation of the IMCI pre-service education at El Mansoura University (Egypt, Mansoura, June 2009)
- Member of the Regional working group for developing IMCI pre-service training material (2008 )
- Regional working group for developing the IMCI District Programme Management Guide (2007)
- Training of national programme managers on “sustainable health development using a community based approach (Oman, Muscat April-May 2007).
- Member of the Regional working group for developing the training material on the Infant & Young Child Feeding (2008)
- Developing training manuals and materials for community leaders on CBI and PHC (Pakistan, Islamabad, 2006).
- Development and testing of the IMCI pre-service Regional evaluation tool, Cairo, 2006).
- Monitor the progress of implementation of the Basic Development Needs –BDN-Projects implemented in Alexandria and in a sub-urban area in Cairo and to assist the NGOs and government on developing a two years plan for the projects, including preparing proposals for WHO support regarding Income Generating Activities (IGAs) and Social projects for the most needy families (Cairo-Alexandria June 2002).
- Assessment of the Basic Development Needs –BDN-Programme implemented in Alexandria and introduction of the project in a sub-urban area in Cairo, train two NGOs and local government officials on management of the projects using WHO guidelines (Cairo-Alexandria September 2001).
- Recruited by UNICEF/ Sudan as IMCI Facilitator (STC) for the first standard case management course for Iraq (Baghdad November 1999).
Other local assignments in collaboration with International & local Organizations
- Developed a Cancer Control strategy for an NGO “ Salah Wanasi Cancer Research & Control Organization” , August 2016
- Developed in collaboration with UNICEF & Ministries of Health and General Education, the first National School Health Strategy, March 2016.
- Developed the accreditation guidelines for research ethics committees, National Council for Health Research, Sudan, December 2015, WHO collaborative activity.
- Developed the national strategy for Sudan AIDS Network (SAN) for the control of HIV/AIDS, November 2014, Khartoum, mainly supported by UNFPA &UNAIDS.
- Updated the National Nutrition Strategy, Federal Ministry of Health, Sudan & WFP, February 2014
- Developed the WHO country cooperation strategy for Sudan, August 2013.
- Master trainer for the WHO course on “Transforming health systems: Gender and rights in RH in collaboration with university of Ahfad , Sudan with direct responsibility on “health system reforms” ( 2006 to 2011)
- Member of the WHO Regional Team who evaluated the IMCI pre-service experience in University of Gezira, Sudan, 2010
- Recruited by UNICEF /Sudan to introduce IMCI In complex emergencies in Wou, Southern Sudan, 1998.
Participation in other Regional, International Conferences and Consultation meetings:
I have participated in several consultation Regional & international conferences that’s difficult to list. Here are few examples:
- WHO Regional Advocacy meeting scaling up the progress towards reducing maternal & child morality to achieve the MDGs, Dubai, January 2013
- WHO Regional meeting to prepare spot countries for scaling up the progress towards reducing maternal & child morality to achieve the MDGs, Cairo, December 2012.
- WHO Regional consultation meeting on strategies to control HIV/AIDS within Maternal & Child health programmes, Cairo November 2012
- WHO Regional Orientation meeting on the COIA to scale up progress towards achieving MDGs 4 & 5, Cairo, September 2012
- WHO Regional consultation meeting on streamlining the concept of health promotion across public health programmes, (EMRO, Cairo 2005)
- WHO-UNFPA Workshop on” Developing guidelines of Making Pregnancy Safer and family planning” (January 2005 co-presenter )
- WHO Inter-country Meeting on ” Developing National Child Health Policies”
(Damascus – Syria July 2004 as co-paper presenter).
- WHO meeting for principal investigators of the multi-country research on “obstetric sequelae of FGM in six African countries” (Geneva November 2004).
- WHO Child and Adolescent Health Regional Advisors’ meeting on “Progress towards reaching MDGs” (Geneva April 2004 as paper presenter).
- WHO Regional Consultation on “Gender Issues In Health and In the Socio-Cultural Context of EMR” ( December 2004 as paper presenter)
- WB, WHO, Bill Gate Foundation and London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine Consultation on “Reaching the disadvantaged through Global Initiatives ” ( London September 2003 as paper presenter)
- WHO Inter-country Meeting on ” Scaling up implementation of IMCI”
(Hammamat Tunisia September 2003 as co- paper presenter).
- WHO Inter-country Meeting on ” Developing a Regional Frame work and long term national implementation plans for improving the community component of child health” (Cairo July 2002 as paper presenter)
- WHO Child and Adolescent Health Regional Advisors’ meeting on “Scaling up IMCI and Adolescent Activities” (Geneva April 2002).
- WHO Regional Advisory Panel for nursing ” advanced nursing practices and nursing prescription” , (Pakistan, Bhurban, June 2001)
- WHO-UNICEF First Inter-country Consultation on IMCI early implementation in EMR and MENA countries (Morocco July1998 as paper presenter).
- WHO-UNICEF Second Inter-country Consultation on IMCI training and capacity building at District level (Syria, Damascus July 1999 as paper presenter).
- WHO Informal consultation on “Improving Performance Of PHC Health Workers, on IMCI ” , (Geneva June 2000 as paper presenter).