Phd ,Microbiology ,Mansoura Uni,Egypt,1990
(M.P.H), Majoring Microbiology – 1983
(HIPH), Alexandria University 1982
B.Sc Majoring Microbiology,with Distinction(1991) U of K(Formerly Institute of Medical Lab. Technology,
U of K 1975)
- Ibrahim, AIA, Awad, R, Shetty, SD, Saad. M. &Bilal. NE.Genito-Urinary Complications of Brucellosis. British Journal of Urology, 1988; 61: 294-298.
- Raziuddin, S,Bilal,NE& Benjamin, B. Transient T-cell abnormality in a selective IgM- Immunodeficient patient with brucella infection. Clinical Immunology & immunopathology. 1988; 46; 360-367
- El-Shoura, SM,Bilal,NE. et al. Detection of Escherichia coliin the naturally infected female camel tick Hyalomma (Hyalomma)dromedarii (Ixodoidea: Ixodidae), Internal. J. Acarol. 1990; 16(2): 63-66.
- Bilal,NE.Jamjoom, GA, Bobo, RA, Aly, OFM & El-Nashar, NM. Brucellosis in the Asir Region of Saudi Arabia. Saudi Med. J. 1991; 12(1): 37-41.
- 5. Bilal,NE.Jamjoom, GA, Bobo, RA, Aly, OFM & El-Nashar, NM
A study of the knowledge, attitudes & practice (KAP) of a Saudi Arabian Community towards brucellosis problem.Journal of the Egyptian Public Health Association. 1991; Vol. LXV1 ; NO. (1,2 ) : 227-238
- Malik, GM, Al-Wabel, AA, Ahmed, MEBK,Bilal.NE.Shenoy, AK et al. Salmonella Infections in Asir Region, Southern of Saudi Arabia: Expatriates Implications. Annals of Saudi Medicine. 1993; 13(3): 242-245.
- Ibrahim, AIA,Bilal,NE.Shetty, SD, Patil KP &Gommaa H. The source of organisms in the post-prostatectomy bacteriuria of patients with pre-operative sterile urine. British Journal of Urology. 1993; 72: 770-74.
- El-Shoura, SM &Bilal,NE. Ultrastructure of negatively & positively stained Helicobacter pylori. Journal of Tropical Medicine. 1993: 2(4): 63-68.
- Malik, GM, Al-Wabel, AA, Ahmed, MEBK,Bilal,NE.Shenoy, Ak et al. Pattern of antibiotic Sensitivity of Salmonella Isolates in Asir Region, Southern Part of Saudi Arabia. Saudi Med. J. 1994; 15(1): 48-51.
- Bilal,et al. A study of group A beta-haemolytic streptococcal (GABHS) pharyngitis among school children in Abha. Journal of Tropical Medicine. 1994. Feb; 3(1): 79-83.
- 11. Bilal,et al. Helicobacter pylori(HP) in Asir Region. Journal of Tropical Medicine, 1994, Aug; 3(2): 107-114
- Bilal,et al. Brucellosis among domestic livestock in the Dakahlia Governorate of Egypt. Journal of Tropical Medicine, 1994. Aug; 3(2); 53-56.
- Bilal,NE Urogenital mycoplasma and bacteria in seminal fluids. Journal of Tropical Medicine (JTM) gastroenterology. hepatology and infectious diseases, 1994 , Dec; 3(3) 169-175.
- Raziuddin S, M, E. El-Awad, Telmesani,BilalNE and Mansour Al-Janadi. CD4 +Th2 Cell response cytokine production in bacterial meningitis. Journal of Clinical Immunology, 1995; 15(6) :338-348
- El- Shoura S andBilalNE. Case for the panel. Helicobacter pylori III ultrastructural detection of outer multicircularmembrances of unknown origin and function .Ultrastructural Pathology. 1996; 20(6): 593-597.
- Abolfotouh, M,BilalNE, Ibrahim A. Badawi&Mostafa M. Ghieth. Throat culture screening for Beta-hemolytic streptococci among schoolboys in Southwestern Saudi Arabia. Eastern Mediterranean Health Journal (EMHJ), WHO, 1996, Dec.; 2(3): 425-431.
- TekluB,Bilal NE , Ahmed Makeen . Acute Mycoplasma pneumoniaeinfections at Asir Central Hospital: a pilot study. Journal of Hepatology, Gastroenterology and Infectious Diseases, 1996, Apr; 4(2): 123-127.
- BilalNE, Ahmed MEK, Al-Knawy B, Al-Wabel AA and Foli AK, Antimicrobial susceptibility testing of Helicobacter pylori strains in Asir region of Saudi Arabia. Journal of Hepatology, Gastroenterology and Infectious Diseases, 1996, Dec.; 4(4): 41-45.
- BilalNE.Batouk A, Abu-Eshy S, Al-Ghamdi B and Al-Wabel AA. Antimicrobial effects ofNigella sativa on selected microorganisms. (Preliminary report ). Journal of Hepatology, Gastroenterology and Infectious Diseases, 1996, Dec.; 4(4): 105-111.
- Al-KnawyB,Bilal,NE. El-Bagir, Al-Wabel, FoliA et al. Metronidazole-Resistant Helicobacter pyloristrains among Saudi patients with dyspepsia. Saudi Med J. 1997, May-June; 18(3): 261-263.
- Bilal,NE, and Al Faiki YH. Antimicrobial activity of honey on selected microorganisms: a preliminary study. Biomedical Research, 1998; 9(1): 51-54.
- Bilal,NE. Nosocomial Infections in a Maternity Hospital, Saudi Arabia. Biomedical Research, 1998; 9(2) : 139-145.
- Bilal,NEAetiology of vaginal infections in a maternity hospital at Abha, Saudi Arabia. Biomedical Research, 1999; 10(1): 41-45.
- AsindiA,BilalNE.Fattini Y, et al. Neonatal septicaemiainAbha, southwest Saudi Arabia: prevalent bacterial agents and antimicrobial susceptibilities. Saudi Med. J 1999; 20(12): 42-46,
- BilalNE and Gedebou M. Staphylococcus aureusas a paradigm of a persistent problem of bacterial multiple antibiotic resistance in Abha, Saudi Arabia. Eastern Mediterranean Health Journal (EMHJ), WHO 2000; 6(5/6): 65-71.
- Al GhaithyAA,BilalNE.Gedebou M &Weily AH. Nasal carriage and antibiotic resistance of Staphylococcus aureusisolates from hospital and non-hospital personnel in Abha, Saudi Arabia. Transactions of the Royal Society of Tropical Medicine & Hygiene, 2000; 94: 504-507.
- BilalNE&Gedebou M. Clinical and community strains of Klebsiellapneumoniae
multiple and increasing rates of antibiotic restistance in Abha, Saudi Arabia. British Journal of Biomedical Science, 2000; 57: 185-191
- BilalNE.Gedebou M, Al-Mohayia MH. Gram-negative bacilli from hospital and non-hospital personnel: pharyngeal carriage, multi-drug resistance and extended-spectrum β lactamase in Abha, Saudi Arabia. Biomedical Research, 2001; 12(3): 251-258.
- Saleh Al-Ghamdi, MesseleGedebouandBilalNE. Nosocomial infections and misuse of antibiotics in a provincial community hospital. Journal of Hospital Infection, 2002; 50:115-121
- BilalNE.Gedebou M. Ghamdi S. Endemic nosocomial infections and misuse of antibiotics in a maternity hospital in Saudi Arabia. ActaPathologica, Microbiologica et, ImmunologicaScandinavica(APMIS), 2002; 110: 140-7.
- BaharAM.BilalNE, ESkander MA. Brief communication: High vaginal swab cultures in normal and preterm Labor. International Journal of Gynecology and Obstetrics, 2004 (87): 145-146.
32.Maria Cirlan1*, Magida Saad2*, Gabriela Coman1‘3,NaserEldin Bilal4. Ah Magzoub Elbashier5, Deborah Kreft6, et al. International spread of major clones of methicillin resistant Staphylococcus aureus: nosocomial endemicity of multi locus sequence type 239 in Saudi Arabia and Romania. Infections, Genetics and Evolution 5 (2005): 335-339.
- Ibrahim ME, Bilal NE and Hamid ME. (2012). Increasedmult-idrug resistant Escherichia colifrom from hospitals in Khartoum state, Sudan: African Health Sciences. 2012; 12(3): 368 – 375.
- Ibrahim ME, Bilal NE, Magzoub MA and Hamid ME. Prevalence of extended-spectrum β-lactamases-producing Escherichia colifrom Hospitals in Khartoum State, Sudan. Oman Medical Journal ,2013,28(2):119-123.
- Ibrahim ME, Bilal NE, Magzoub MA. Alzuhairy A. and Hamid ME. Prevalence of Multidrug Resistant Escherichia coliClinical Isolates from Sudan S.Med. J 2013; 34(3): 179 – 186.
- Ibrahim ME, Bilal NE, Magzoub MA and Hamid ME.Distribution of Class I integrons and their effect on the prevalence of multi-drug resistant Escherichia coli clinical isolates from Sudan.Saudi Med J 2013;34(3):240-247.
- Magzoub Abbas Mazoub, NaserEldin Bilal, Jalal Ali Bilal, OmranFadl Osman. Rotavirus infection among Sudanese children younger than 5 years of age: a cross sectional hospital-based study. Pan African Medical Journal 2013; 16(88):2519.
- Hanaa A.M Osman, Kamal H. Eltom, Nasreen O. Musa, Nasereldin M. Bilal, et al Development and evaluation of loop-mediated isothermal amplification assay for detection of Crimean Congo hemorrhagic fever virus in Sudan.Journal of Virological Methods 190(2013) 4 – 10.
- Zeinab A. Abdelaziz, Mutasim E. Ibrahim, Naser E. Bilal, Mohamed E. Hamid. Vaginal infections among pregnant women at Omdurman Maternity Hospital, Khartoum State, Sudan. The Journal of Infection in Developing Countries, 2014; 8(4):490-497.
- Ibrahim ME, Bilal NE, Hamid ME. Comparison of Phenotypic Characteristics and Antimicrobial Resistance Patterns of Clinical Escherichia coliCollected From Two Unrelated Geographical Areas, Global Journal Health Science 2014;6(6) : 126-135, ISSN 1916-9736.
41.AbdoK.Salem, Naser E. Bilal, Ibrahim Mutasim Frequent carriage of invasive Salmonellae amongst patients infected with schistosomiasis in Sudan.. African Journal of Microbiology Research (AJMR), 2015 Feb 25;. 9(8): 543-548, Article Number: 988227150759. ISSN 1996-0808. http://www.academicjournals.org/AJMR
- Alaa MM, Hanaa SA, Samira MB, Naser E. Bilal, et al. Inducible clindamycin resistance and nasal carriage rates of Staphylococcus aureus among healthcare workers and community members, African Health Science; 2015 Sep 15 (3):861-867.
- AmmarAlalim, Naser E. Bilal, Awad-ElkareemAbass, Elhassan M Elhassan, Ahmed AMohammed, Ishag Adam. Complement activation, placental malaria infections and birth weight in an area characterized by unstable malaria transmission in Central Sudan, Diagnostic Pathology, 2015; 10:49.
- Amged G. Mostafa, Naser E. Bilal, Awad-ElkareemAbass, Elhassan M Elhassan, Ahmed AMohammed, Ishag Adam. Coagulation and fibrinolysis indicators and placental malaria infection in an area characterized by unstable malaria transmission in Centre of Sudan. Malaria Research and Treatment.Volume 2015, Article ID 369237, 7 pages.Http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2015/369237
- AymenMudaweNurain, Naser E. Bilal, MutasimElhadi Ibrahim, The frequency and antimicrobial resistance patterns of nosocomial pathogens recovered from cancer patients and hospital environments, Asian Pacific Journal of Tropical Biomedicine. 2015;5 (12):1055-1059.
- ReemEltayeb, Naser E. Bilal, et al. Macrophage migration inhibition factor and placental malaria infection in an area characterized by unstable malaria transmission in Central Sudan, F 1000 Research 2015,4:824-32 (doi:10.12688/ F 1000 research.7061.1)
- Mazen AE, DevendraBansal, Asha AE, NE Bilal, et al. “Antimicrobial Susceptibility and Molecular Epidemiology” of Extended Spectrum beta-lactamase Producing Entrobacteriaceae from Intensive Care Units in Hamad Medical Corporation Qatar. Antimicrobial Resistance and Infection Control (ARIC), 2016;5(4):1-6.
- SamahAwadAbdulRahim, NaserEldin Bilal Mohamed and Aisha ZoheirALmagboul. In vivo antibacterial and wound healing activities of Acacia ehrenbergiana. Mediterranean Journal of Biosciences 2016, 1(14): 147-152.
- SamahAwadAbdulRahim, Aisha ZoheirALmagboul and NaserEldin Bilal Mohamed. Antimicrobial activity of Croton zambesicus ,Acacia ehrenbergiana, and Fagoniacretica. National Journal of Advanced Research. May 2016, 2(3): 16-20 (impact factor: RJIF 3.42)
Papers submitted for Publication:
- Ibrahim ME, Bilal NE, Hamid ME, Comparative study of antimicrobial resistance patterns of pathogenic Escherichia coli collected from hospitals in Sudan and Saudi Arabia (Submitted to Saudi Journal of Health Sciences).
- Tareg MSA, Fatima E, Bilal NE, Comparison between Nitro-blue tetrazolium broth microdilution method and standard tube macrodilution for susceptibility testing of some rapidly grower microorganisms.
- Omer M Ibrahim, N.E.Bilaletal. Assessment of Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus aureus Detection Methods submitted to Pan African Medical Journal.
- Magzoub Abbas Magzoub, Naser E. Bilal et al. Detection and Sequencing of Rotavirus among Sudanese Children. (OJS 15054) Saudi M.J.
- Ibrahim Hassan Babikir, Elsir Ali Abugroun, NaserEldin Bilal et al. The Role of Human Cathelicin in Urinary Tract Infection. Annals of Clinical Microbiology and Antimicrobials.
- AlaaBabikerYousif, ZobaidaAbdulgadir Ahmed, NaserEldin Bilal et al. Prevalence of ESBLs among E.coli and Klebsiella species in three major hospitals in Khartoum state.
- Najwa A. Mohammed, N.E.Bilal. Cytokines plasma level in Active Tuberculosis and Post Treatment in Sudanese Tuberculosis Patients. Pan Africa Medical Journal.
- Najwa A. Mohammed, N.E.Bilal. interleukin 17 A and F single nucleotide polymorphism with tuberculosis in Sudanese population.
- AlnazierAltayeb, A. Abdalmahmoud, F. Mustafa, N.E.Bilal. Bacterial Aetiology of Nosocomial Blood-stream Infection Among Children in Khartoum State.
- NaserEldin Bilal. Brucella in Saudi Arabia and Egypt: Diagnosis and Epidemiology. Saarbrucken, Deutchland / Germany, LAP LAMPERT Acadamic Publishing 2013 ISBN: 978-3-659-31057-7.
Online shop at www.get-morebooks.com
- Brucellosis in the Asir Region of Saudi Arabia (see publications).
- Health status of primary school boys at Abha, Asir region, Saudi Arabia. (Funded by the College of Medicine Research Centre, College of Medicine, Abha, King Saud University, Saudi Arabia.
- Nosocomial infections in Asir region (see publications). (Funded by the College of Medicine Research Centre, King Khalid University, Saudi Arabia.
- Have prepared a protocol for prevention and control of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureusand Klebsiellanosocomial infections – A protocol that has been implemented in all the 16 hospitals of the Asir region, Saudi Arabia.
- Represented the Dept. of Clinical Microbiology and Parasitology on the occassion of Health Week in Asir Region, April 7, 1984. A lecture on viral hepatitis was given.
- Presented Two College Seminars:
- Epidemiology of Brucellosis in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia with special reference to Asir Region, 1985.
- Diagnosis of Brucellosis, 1986.
- Presented a public seminar on food poisoning in view of the last outbreak that had occurred in Abha in 1417H at Abha Maternity Hospital Theater on June 11, 1996 (25/01/1417).
6.Chairman of the Scientific Committee at the First International Conference on Medical Laboratory in Sudan, Friendship Hall, Khartoum. (6-9)th Dec. 2013 www.sudmls.com
- The Sudanese-German Collaboration Forum on Higher Education & Scientific Research 7-9 March 2016 (member of the Medical and Health Committee).
- Symposium on Brucellosis in Saudi Arabia held at Riyadh Armed Forces Hospital Riyadh, Saudi Arabia (Sunday and Monday) 22-23 September 1985.
- Neurobrucellosis Symposium held at the College of Medicine, King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia on 26 January, 1988.
- Symposium on Living with diabetes in the present and future. Abha, Saudi Arabia, October 29th-30th, 1989.
- The 6th National Symposium of the Saudi Oto-Rhino-Laryngology Society, Abha, Saudi Arabia, 22nd May 1997.
- Actively participated in the Workshop on Writing Scientific Papers conducted by the British Council, United Kingdom – College of Medicine, King Saud University, Abha, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, May 16-20, 1998
- Actively participated in the Workshop on Writing of Research Proposals, Scientific Papers & Editing for Medical Journals conducted by WHO Regional Office for the Eastern Mediterranean – College of Medicine, Abha, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, November 24-26, 1998.
- Participated in the course on Data Handling: Use of SPSS for Windows conducted King Khalid University, College of Medicine, Abha, Saudi Arabia, British Council West Saudi Arabia and the University of Cambridge, held in Abha from January 25thto February 4th, 1999.
- The 3rdInternational AIDS Symposium in Abha, Saudi Arabia. 20-23 June 1999.
- Actively participated in Student Assessment Workshop on October 31, 1999, College of Medicine & Medical Sciences, King Khalid University, Abha, Saudi Arabia.
- Actively participated in the Workshop on Research methods in Medical Education, December 5, 1999, College of Medicine & Medical Sciences, King Khalid University, Abha, Saudi Arabia.
- Participated in a workshop on designing and conducting skill laboratory sessions on Wednesday, January 30, 2002, College of Medicine and Medical Sciences, King Khalid University, Abha, Saudi Arabia.
- Attended and actively participated in the Staff Members Development Centre (SMDC) Programme of Khartoum University (Sept. 21-Oct.23, 2003). The course comprises a total of 112 hours (92 h. Theory & 20 h. training in microteaching (Batch no. 22).
- Attended a training course on Educational Planning at the Educational Development Centre for Health Professions (EDC), Faculty of Medicine, University of Khartoum (12th-17th November, 2005).
- Attended a Workshop on the Cochrane Collaboration and Systematic Reviews, Faculty of Medicine, University of Khartoum on March IS^l81, 2006.
- Attended a training course on Evidence Based Medicine held during the period from 18-21 March.2006 at (EDC) for Medical & Health Profession. Faculty of Medicine, University of Khartoum.
- Attended and actively participated in the First Scientific Meeting of the Sudanese Society for Clinical Biology on “recent advances in the management of infectious and endemic diseases”, Friendship Hall, Khartoum 24th-27thNovember 2006.
- Attended the pre-conference workshop on curriculum development held at Soba University Hospital, March 21-23, 2007 in the occasion of the Second International Conference in the Sudan.
- Attended the pre-conference workshop on problem Based learning held at Soba University Hospital, March 21-23, 2007 in the occasion of the Second International Conference in the Sudan.
- Attended the second international conference on Medical Education, Friendship Hall, Khartoum 24th-26thMarch, 2007.
- Attended & participated in a Workshop on curriculum development 12, june, 2008 Nile College, Omdurman.
- Attended and actively participated on curriculum development workshop at the Faculty of Medical laboratory sciences, Al Zaiem Al Azhari University (7-9/October/2008).
- Attended the Training Program for Senior Administrative People of Sudanese Universities from November 4 to 14, 2012, at Yangzhou University, Yangzhou, Jiangsu Province, P.R. China.
- Attended & participated in Bioethics Workshop (Bioethics an interdisciplinary approach) Al-Sharijah Hall, University of Khartoum, Sudan, 11.3.2014.
- Attended & participated in a Workshop on National Standards for Quality Assurance in Higher Education in Sudan from 16th to 18th June, 2014, Khartoum University Center for Advanced Training.
- Active contribution on the 6thannual Conference on Medical and Health Sciences Studies – Community Oriented Scientific Research. Feb. (18th– 22nd) 2015, Khartoum, Sudan.
- Attend and actively participated in Advanced Leadership and Administration Skills Workshop for Deans of Faculties at Khartoum University Center for Advanced Training, Khartoum, 22nd Aug., 2015.
- Attend and actively participated on curriculumpreparation for the Faculty of Medical Laboratory Science, University of Al-Butana, Khartoum, 29th Feb., 2016 ( Website: www.albutana.edu.sd).
- Attended & participated in The 6th International Joint Conference and Medical Ethics and Professionalism, Police Club, Khartoum conducted by Sudanese Medical Association, UK and Ireland, 19th Dec, 2015,