Department of Pharmacy Practice and Clinical Pharmacy
The department is staffed by a group of dedicated members who are committed to achieve the department’s mission and objectives and prepare our graduates to be competent pharmacists who can improve patient’s life.
The department offers several courses coveringclinical, community and hospital pharmacy
It aimsto introduce the student to clinical pharmacy practice; develop skills integrated with knowledge which enable students to improve the community health care.
Students will be equipped to promote, develop, and assess pharmacy practice within their profession, which will be direct benefit to health services and to the patients they serve.
- To Equip the student with knowledge, skill and practice to assess drug therapy for effectiveness, safety, compatibility and patient acceptability, and use this information to make effective interventions and monitor their outcome
- To Increase the student’s confidence in their ability to contribute to patient care as part of a multi-disciplinary healthcare team
- To enable the student to identify common minor illnesses that can be treated in the pharmacy.
- To enable the student to identify major diseases that should be referred to the physician.
Pharmacy graduatesto be an integral member of the healthcare team responsible for the outcomes associated with medication use process.
- The mission of the department is to prepare the pharmacy students for their professional services in various health care settings.
Pharmacy Practice and Clinical Pharmacy Departmentholds relationships with Ibn-Sena Hospital and Al Ban Gadeedhospital fortraining pharmacy students in hospital settings.In addition the department provides training in various community pharmacies in Khartoum state.
Dr.Asmaa Ahmed Hussien